Friday, August 26, 2016
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Here is this week's free coloring page!
Download your copy HERE
You can view the entire collection of free coloring pages HERE
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
The end of August in Oregon is blackberry season and when you have a backyard full of blackberry bushes, you find all kinds of ways to enjoy them! One of my favorite summer treats are s'mores but I love putting a twist on this sweet treat.
Fresh mint leaves
Make your s'mores the traditional way and after the marshmallows and chocolate melt, add a handful of blackberries and top with a mint leaf.
This treat is a perfect combo of sweet and fruity and CRAZY delicious!
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
My long time readers will know that I love colorful and funky statement rings! And I love using simple supplies to to make my own. Just about anything small can be transformed into a ring and one my favorites materials are beads.
With a little paint, wood beads can easily be transformed a unique ring.
I started by painting the beads a solid color.
And then added simple and tiny details.
Once the painted bead is dry, I glued the bead to the ring blank.
The last step was to add a drop of glue and add a small decorative bead to the hole.
The result...colorful and funky wood statement rings!
Looking for more ring inspiration?
Sunday, August 21, 2016
I am so excited to announce that the coloring books I illustrated for Peter Pauper Press are here and I've got them for sale over in the shop HERE.
Individual books are $5.99.
But if you purchase all 4 books, I'm throwing in a brand new 5 page coloring download for free!
Here is a little peek at the coloring books!
succulents from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.
seashells from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.
woodland from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.
Friday, August 19, 2016
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
round canvas strathmore marker pad zig brush markers ecocline liquid watercolors water soluble art crayons transparent duct tape faber-castle soft pastels watercolor liquid metal plans copic brush tip pen copic sketching set
Monday, August 15, 2016
Hey Friends! My latest online class The Travelers Journal goes live today! And to kick things off I am giving away 10 free spots! Scroll to the bottom of this post to enter to win.
I carry an art journal or sketchbook wherever I go, even when I travel! The result are pages and page full art, free writing and collage inspired by my experiences. In this class I will be sharing some of my favorite concepts and techniques for keeping a journal dedicated to travel and adventure.
register for class HERE
ABOUT MY ONLINE CLASSES:
There are many online workshops out there at different prices with different content. Back in 2009, when I decided to offer an online learning option, I set out to create a structure that is similar to taking a "live" class from me. My mission is to provide an affordable class with a learning environment where you are watching lots of demos, learning techniques and then creating on your own art.
- I have three different structures of online classes:
Large Class: These classes are $50 and have 5 HUGE lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more. My large format classes dive deep into a variety of techniques, projects and information.
Mini Class: My mini classes cost $30 and have 3 HUGE lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
Micro Class: These classes cost $15 and have 1 HUGE lesson that includes videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
- My classes are a combination of video learning (with demos, techniques and me talking) and lots of photo steps outs of inspiration, techniques and process.
- All classes are all filmed in my studio. Since 2009 I have been tweaking my gear and my process with the hope that video/photo content gets better and better. My #1 goal is to provide inspiring lessons and visuals that are easy to understand.
- My classes do NOT have a required supply list. Instead I share the supplies that I like to use and then give you a variety of options and inspiration to use supplies that work best for your process and your budget.
- All of my classes have unlimited access which means once you register you can create and access at any time and work at your own pace. Whenever I "release" a new class- I release each lesson "live". Many people enjoy working in this format, as the lessons are posted each week but once all information gets posted there is unlimited time to access everything. I have found that some people prefer to work along with the live format when I release a new class, while others will wait months until they have the time, money and the schedule to register for the class. Either way works- just know that once you are in- there is no deadline or pressure to create.
Head on over to my shop HERE to view all of my class offerings!
ENTER TO WIN A FREE SPOT IN THE TRAVELERS JOURNAL!
Leave me a comment
Tell me one the your favorite places that you have traveled
I will randomly select 10 winners and announce them at the bottom of this post tomorrow!
UPDATE WITH WINNERS!
Congrats! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you access to class!
Thursday, August 11, 2016
During the month of August, the North Coast is full of tiny roadside flower stands stocked with colorful flowers. What I love is that most of these flower stands belong to neighbors and community members with backyard flower gardens that are overflowing! For $3.00 you can purchase a giant bouquet of fresh cut dahlias, poppies, daisies, and more. This is my favorite time of year and the time when I gather up a lot of inspiration that I photograph and add to my GIANT data base of flower photos. These are the photos that I access when I sit down to draw and paint my floral artwork.